The El Dorado County Parks and Recreation Commission held their monthly meeting on September 20, 2018. The second item on the agenda was a discussion with El Dorado Hills Community Services District General Manager Kevin Loewen regarding the conceptual lease of the El Dorado County owned 41 acres at the north end of Bass Lake – at the future intersection of Bass Lake Rd and Silver Springs Parkway.
The discussion in the meeting audio recording starts at the 2 minute and 20 second mark, and lasts until the 37 minute mark. A review is provided regarding the potential to combine the Serrano Village J Lot H 12+ acre park space (corner of Bass Lake Rd and Serrano Parkway) with the 12+ acres the EDH CSD is purchasing from the El Dorado Irrigation District (EID), along with the Rescue Union School District (RUSD) owned Bass Lake and adjoining property that the EDH CSD has offered to purchase, to build a 230 acre regional park.
GM Loewen mentions that the EDH CSD recently worked with the RUSD and the EID to construct an ’emergency’ temporary parking lot for Sellwood Field at Bass Lake (Which the EDH CSD leases from the RUSD) as Serrano Associates has started clearing home sites which overlay the original parking lot at Village J Lot H.
Additionally, GM Loewen discusses potential uses and features at the park site:
- More ball fields along the west side (Serrano Parkway)
- Lighted ball fields
- An education Center on the west side
- Dog Park
- Parking lots
- Passive uses on the north and east sides (walking trails)
- A disc golf course on the north side (County owned property)
- Vehicle access from Bass Lake Rd at the current EID property gate
- Vehicle access from Bass Lake Rd and Silver Springs Parkway on the east side
- A walking trail/bike trail, connecting Silver Springs Pkwy to the EID property entrance, and the new Sienna Ridge/Safeway commercial center
- An electronic sign on Bass Lake Rd near the EID property entrance
The Parks and Recreation Commissioners were very receptive to the concepts that GM Loewen discussed.
The audio recording of the meeting can be found on the County website, or can be heard in the embedded player below: